ICARE THERAPIES - After Care Advice
You should do the following:
- Drink plenty of water over the next 24 hours following treatment. (This can assist your body to flush out toxins that massage helps to release from your body).
- If you feel tired, rest as much as possible.
- Avoid heat treatments (bath, sauna etc) for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid strenuous activity or exercise for the rest of the day after treatment or for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid alcohol for at least 24 hours.
If you feel concerned about anything following your treatment do not hesitate to call your therapist for advice.
If however, you can not reach your therapist and you feel poorly in any way, or your symptoms worsen; always call your G.P. for advice.
Following your massage treatment you may experience over the next few days some of the following symptoms:
As everyone is different and may 'react' differently to a massage treatment these symptoms are quite normal and are a good sign that the treatment is working. This is known as a healing reaction.Thank you for choosing ICare Therapies and we look forward to your next appointment.
Paulo Mata (ITEC Therapist).